There are 4 levels for Ms Chew’s flute lesson :
- Beginner : Grade 0 – 2
- Intermediate : Grade 3 – 5
- Advanced : Grade 6 – 8
- Diploma : DipABRSM/ARSM/LRSM/FRSM/ATCL/LTCL/FTCL
**Grading based on UK examination board system.
**Different fee for different levels.
Example of topics included in lesson:
- How to hold the flute correctly, the proper posture, the fingering for notes and how to breathe while playing the flute.
- Correct embouchure formation.
- The proper technique to assemble, clean and take care of their instrument.
- How to read music score.
- Musical knowledge from basic to advance level.
- Improve their tone colour and intonation to play flute.
- Different articulation and techniques.
- Ensemble techniques
- Listening skills
- Music theory
- Musicianship skills
- Musical characteristics
- Technical approaches/books used in class: Henry Altes Flute Method, Trever Wye method, Marcel Moyse studies, Taffanel-Gaubert Method etc…
- Repertoire in beginner level: etudes, studies, simple classics, movie sound track, traditional folks (eg: castle in the sky, small world, beauty and the beast, spirited away, edelweiss, etc…)
- Repertoire in intermediate level: etudes, studies, famous classical repertoire (eg: Intermezzo de Carmen, Telemann Sonata, Sicilienne, Vivaldi Sonata, etc…)
- Repertoire in advance level: etudes, studies, single/full movement of significant classical repertoire (eg: Mozart Concerto, Bach Sonata, CPE Bach Sonata, Debussy Syrinx, Chopin Theme and Variation, etc…)
- Repertoire in diploma level: etudes, studies, full movement of classical/contemporary repertoire (eg: Poulenc Sonata, Faure Fantasie, Charminade Concertino, Schubert Theme and Variation, Prokofiev Sonata, Reinecke Concerto, etc…)
Repertoires and method books is vary based on student’s level and learning preferences.
Please understand that learning music is step by step and your progress is based on your effort.